The Ministry of Education is partnering with New Zealand Principals Federation on a series of workshops aimed at supporting principals to lead mathematics effectively in schools.
The workshops will be co-facilitated by Rob Proffitt-White (Math and Numeracy Director, The Learner First) and the NZPF Executive and will take leaders through high-leverage routines using existing resources that staff, and school leaders, have reported as having a positive and immediate change on their beliefs and practices in their teaching and assessing of mathematics.
These workshops will be regionally based, with a post-attendance webinar option for leaders who are unable to attend. See below for dates, times, and locations.
- Tues 14 June (8:30am-12:30pm): Auckland, North Shore Stadium – North Lounge
- Weds 15 June (8:30am-12:30pm): Auckland Central – Aotea Centre
- Thurs 16 June (8:30am-12:30pm): Auckland – Mount Smart Stadium South Lounge
- Fri 17 June (9am-1pm): Whangarei – Cruising Club
- Mon 20 June (9am-1pm): Hamilton Claudelands Event Centre – Globox Lounge
- Tues 21 June (9am-1pm): Rotorua – Copthorne Hotel
- Weds 22 June (9am-1pm): Palmerston North – Conference and Function Centre
- Thurs 23 June (9am-1pm): Hastings – Toitoi Events Centre
- Tues 28 June (9am-1pm): Wellington – Silverstream Retreat Centre
- Mon 27 June (9am-1pm): Christchurch – Riccarton Park Function Centre
- Weds 29 June (9am-1pm): Nelson – Beachside Nelson
- Fri 1 July (9am-1pm): Dunedin – Edgar Centre
- Mon 4 July (9am-1pm): Greymouth – St John’s Training Room
To register for a workshop please email Sadie O’Rourke (email@example.com) to confirm your interest, and specify what location you’re attending or if you would like the online link sent to you after the event.
Further information about the specific event will be sent out to you closer to date.