“At the heart of the learning journeys of those engaged with The Learner First is a deeper understanding of who learners really are, not just as students, but as diverse individuals.”
Executive Director, The Learner First Australia
Mary is a passionate educator who has had experience at all levels of the system, as a teacher, a principal, a Senior Education Adviser, and an Assistant Regional Director. She has worked across the Victorian and Queensland jurisdictions and has established networks in both of these states.
She deeply believes in honoring every child by ensuring that who they are and what they bring to our world is embraced and enabled. Reducing inequity drives her work.
Impact for Schools
Through Mary’s leadership and support work, TLF schools in Australia have seen:
- Improved student agency, efficacy, and outcomes
- Increased engagement for students and teachers through a focus on school-wide wellbeing
- Greater alignment between student academic outcomes and capabilities
- Healthier, more connected school communities with a culture of inclusion and learning for all
- Strategic pedagogical shifts that build teacher confidence and enhance learning design and assessment
- Strengthened leadership strategic planning built on targeted professional dialogue and data analysis
Want to learn more about TLF Australia?
“The Learner First has had an unbelievable impact on our teachers and students. The light is shining directly on who our individual students are as human beings. The students realize that the teachers really care about who they are, and the teachers can’t believe how much this connection makes a difference in the classroom. This is really powerful.”
Principal, Wellington Point State High School
“The Learner First helps a school reflect on current practice and challenges the norm. By the end of this exploration our leadership team has an Action Plan to move forward to improve our whole school culture.”
Principal, Maleny State High School